Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mr. Freeze


Freeze was the first idea I had for this whole thing and he may or may not be my favorite because of it. Since I thought about him so longer before I started drawing I ended up fleshing him out more in my head than any of the other characters. Even figuring out what he looks like under this armor (which you can see a bit of in the concepts) though I knew that wouldn't be shown in the final piece. 

In my version his accident obviously caused a lot more damage than just lowering his body temperature to where he always needs to be in a cryogenic suit. He's almost more machine than human now with a fading mind and cold heart (literally?). But by wearing his old overcoat and Nora's scarf it makes him feel attached to his former life and not be lost completely.

You can see concept work here
And the original inkwash is for sale here

No comments: